As promised, Girl With a Purpose (GWAP) Blog, now presents, " Ten (10) Gifts for People With Everything":
At some time in our lives, we will be fortunate to know someone whom we perceive as having everything...in this case, I mean, life's material wealth.
These persons may be our bosses, co-workers, people we work with in a volunteer capacity e.g. persons in our church/temple/mosque community; business partners, investors, etc.
Finding gifts for people with everything, can be challenging... so here are some ideas, to help you jump-start the process:
Ten Gifts for People With Everything
1) Hand-made/handcrafted items make great personal gifts and can be made to accentuate the person with everything's living spaces. Additionally, these gifts will fondly remind him/her of you.
2) Thoughtful items coming from you, e.g. a thoughtful note, written on parchment or long-lasting paper, that is framed, will be very much appreciated.
LampsPlus has excellent frames for this purpose.
2b) If the person is spiritual, or religious, then try to get a religious gift they'd appreciate.
A Bible Concordance that gives a background to the Scriptures or a Bible Dictionary with pictures, make great gifts for these persons.
Highly Recommended: The New Strong's Expanded Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible
3) Local and legal, exotic plants make great gifts as well!
You can try to get hybrids of the person's favorite plants or hybrid plants that have aesthetic effects - meaning, they are interesting to look at, liven up a living space and/or have an interesting history.
3b) Medicinal plants like aloe, thyme and mint, also make great gifts.
Please ask the flower shop to include the medicinal benefits and how the plant can be prepared to be medicinal, on a small card.
You can also prepare this card, should the shop not include this service.
(Please see this link for a list of medicinal plants & herbs and easy and short instructions re how they can be prepared).
4) If the person likes to read, you may get him/her a book, or a year's subscription to his/her favorite magazine or one related to his/her interests or profession.
5) If the person is artistic or is artistically inclined, then a nice, tasteful and inexpensive art piece or art print, will do do fine.
Please do not break you bank account, trying to get an expensive art piece. It is very likely, if the person likes art, that he/she would have already had whatever piece you're thinking of,ok?
Surprise him/her with a cheaper piece from a new, but up-and-coming artist, from a different continent or country.
If you're not an art aficionado, please get help with this particular gift selection ,ok? :)
6) If the person likes music, try buying him/her:
If he/she doesn't (which is highly unlikely), you can offer the equipment, e.g. a CD/MP3 player, as a part of the gift too
7) If you're a poet or songwriter, then dedicate a poem/song to him/her for the occasion.
8) If the person is a radio aficionado, you can send him/her birthday/Christmas greetings on their favorite radio station, by their favorite DJ or radio personality.
A gift of a year's' free programming of their favorite radio station(s) (e.g. on Sirius Radio) or one related to their profession/industry or interests, that they may not know about, whould also be a special treat!
9) Another gift that would be a hot item, would be something that will improve the person's quality of life. This gift should not be readily thought-about by the person or his/her close relatives.
So stress balls, stress-relieving kits, gift baskets with therapeutic and scented oils, etc. make great gifts in this category.
10) Last, but definitely not least...if the person is very important to you and you to them:
Your presence and time, would be deeply appreciated.
a) Spend quality time with the person; invite him/her over for dinner, prepare his/her favorite meal
b) Take the person for a walk to their favorite place
c) Take them to somewhere totally unexpected, that brings back fond (childhood) memories, e.g. the amusement park...ensure their favorite food is there, too,ok? :)
As you can see, the above gifts from the heart, aren't expensive and should be well-appreciated by the recipients.
Please ensure that you communicate your thoughtfulness, love and care in your gift and packaging...as many times, people with everything, get gifts that lack this special component.
This is bound to make your gift stand out! (Martha Stewart has great gift-wrapping ideas, here).
Please let me know how your gift was received,ok?
Happy gift-giving, friends! :)