With Google Crisis Maps you can find the locations where you can get Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) help, find fuel, pharmacies, see the conditions of places you often visit, etc., prior to your visiting same.
(FEMA is an independent agency of the United States government that provides a single point of accountability for all federal emergency preparedness and mitigation and response activities).
The Google Crisis Map for the East Coast and Mid Eastern USA is located here:
The Google Crisis Map For New York City, is located here:
To use these maps, please :
1) Tick the information on the right of each map, for it to display places and things of interest to you.
2) Click on specific areas and icons on the map, to zoom in on what you want to find.
Please use these maps prior to your navigating areas affected by Superstorm Sandy and share them with loved ones, associates and neighbours, to help them get through this troubling time.
(I'd like to thank Jesus for the use of his Flickr inset photo above, entitled, "Crisis?? qué crisis??").
1) FEMA Definition, thefreedictionary.com, accessed November 5,2012
2) Google Crisis Map for the East Coast and Mid Eastern USA, accessed November 4,2012
3) Google Crisis Map For New York City, accessed November 4,2012