Remember the "3 Great Sites That Teach You About Investing!" post we did on March 6, where we informed you of some fantasy stock market games that you could play, to assist your understanding of how to trade on the US stock exchange?
Well ,Yahoo Finance has it's own stock market game out called Yahoo Fantasy Finance Game.
The game is brand new and its first contest started on March 6,2012 and is slated to end in ten (10) weeks' time, on June, 6,2012.
Summary of How Yahoo Fantasy Finance Games is Played
In this contest, Yahoo gives you fantasy $100,000 cash to start with. You build your first portfolio with all of this money or a portion of it.
They also give away:
1) A grand prize of US $50,000 (real money) to the person having the most valuable portfolio over the 12-week period.
2) Weekly prizes of US $1,000 (real money) to the person with the highest portfolio gain.
How Yahoo Fantasy Finance Game is Played
However, when you build your first portfolio, you have to wait until the game starts to change it, so choose your first set of securities wisley.
(The game starts when the market is open and you have accepted all the stocks you have added to your portfolio).
This game is a bit different from the ones mentioned in the "3 Great Sites That Teach You About Investing!" post, as you allocate percentages of some or all of your $100,000 in start money, to the 3-10 secrurites you choose.
You then play against all the other players in the game by trying to either get the higest-valued portfolio or the greatest portfolio gain each week.
You can also get to see how you rank against other players, each time that you view your portfolio.
Eligibility Criteria for Yahoo Fantasy Finance Game
1) Have a Yahoo email account
2) Be at least 18 years old, or at age of majority in State you live in;
3) Be a legal resident of one of the fifty (50) US states and District of Columbia (this game is void in the overseas US territories).
Please give Yahoo Fantasy Finance Game a spin, see how it compares to the ones we suggested in our "3 Great Sites That Teach You About Investing!" post and let us know how its going for you.
You're free to leave your comments in the comments section below this post!
1) Yahoo Fantasy Finance Game, via Yahoo Finance, accesed March 22,2012
2) Post, "3 Great Sites That Teach You About Investing!", by Gillian Campbell, Girl With a Purpose (GWAP) Blog, March 6,2012